Friday, September 1, 2017

Friday, 1 September 2017

I had a chance to talk about patterns today and finding growth. I was impressed with the way students explained how to make the patterns. Their explanations improved as I did exactly what they said and they didn't agree with my drawing. 

Today I did the first Marker Mingle (Chalk Talk) of the year to find out what my students know about cells. The idea is that students write silently for 5 minutes about everything they know about cells. They can also draw pictures. We discussed the importance of respecting student's ability levels, knowledge, and spelling skills. Since this is an introduction, I wasn't expecting much knowledge of cells. However, it's nice to see that some students already have a knowledge base from which to build. 
 
 





It was 88 degrees in the classroom today and the students produced what you see here. That's impressive!


No comments:

Post a Comment