Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Wednesday, 6 September 2017

I introduced the QFT (Question Formulation Technique) in Science today using a strategy that I'd never tried before. I used different parts of incomplete text in each of the 7 groups in my class. The text was the impetus for the question formulation. The results speak for themselves. I now have a bank of student generated questions to help drive our unit on Cells. (Mr. Godoy, our district videography, filmed one of the classes in action so that it can be shared with other teachers.)
 
My Creative Problem Solvers were able to solve 4 of the 6 SETS today. They only have about 3-4 minutes each day at the end of class to try and find the SETS.

Today the math students generated lists of things they don't like when working in groups. The posters are a result of THINK-WRITE-SHARE.


No comments:

Post a Comment